Thursday, December 22, 2016

Back home

Yesterday, I got to my parents house, and after the rough day of getting up early, after 4 hours of sleep, I slept twelve hours the first night here and I'm sensing I'm going to need a lot of sleep tonight as well. For some reason, I need a lot of sleep lately, I don't know why. I might be too stressed again.
The train ride was surprisingly pleasant. I didn't have to sit next to anyone annoying, there were no noisy children or arguing adults around me, I slept through a lot of the journey and for the first time when travelling by train, my trains were not delayed. It took several trips, Which was a pleasant surprise, since I was tired as hell from the late night, since I fell asleep around 4 in the morning. I stayed up late, wrapping my christmas gifts to everyone here, since I didn't want to have to do it after I arrived. After wrapping the gifts, I still had to get home, since all the wrapping happened at my boyfriend's place and I had to leave early in the morning so I wanted to sleep at home.
Now that I'm here though, I notice a lot has changed. My brother's grown like a weed, as is now significantly taller than me. My mom and dad have made a lot of changes to the house and the enterior in general, and it's really fun to see.
And of course, I love the fact that there was actually snow when I got home, since we never really had a large amount of snow in Åbo. It feels a lot more like Christmas when the ground is covered in white powder magic.
However, I do miss my boyfriend, who celebrates Christmas with his family. 
I hope that all of you are celebrating Christmas with people who love you, and that you have a really nice Christmas this year!
Hugs from Ostrobothnia!

No comments:

Post a Comment