Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The small joys in life

Now it's been decided: I'm going to visit my parents next week. I'm going to spend Christmas with my family and meet up with a few friends, before returning to Åbo the 30th of December to celebrate new year's eve with my boyfriend. I'm really looking forward to the Holidays, I feel like I need a break from my every day life.
I'm going to travel by train, which I actually love. I love getting to sit by myself, work on my writing or reading, just listening to music in my own little space, which I rarely get to do. I'm probably going to work some more on my book while I'm on the train, and hopefully I'll get a lot done.
I've gotten most of my Christmas shopping done, I only have a few things left and even bought some "Christmas gifts" for myself, including the adorable cacti you can see on the lower picture. I found them at Ikea (of all places to buy plants) and fell in love immediately. I love cacti, I think they're adorable, and since I'm not that talented with plants they're perfect for me, since you basically can't kill them.

I went out for coffee (or in my case, tea) with a friend today, an appreciated break from studying for exams. I actually had the priveledge of going somewhere I had never been before, so I even had a new experience at the same time. And now, I know where to go if I'm ever craving a piece of delicious cheesecake.
Otherwise, nothing much is new. I have my last exam next monday, and I'm a lot more focused on Christmas than on studying... Not that that's a surprise...
Holiday hugs from my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment