Saturday, October 22, 2016

Why I Support Abortion

   These are questions I get a lot whenever the subject comes up. "Why do you support abortion?" "Don't you know that's a human being?" The second question: Yes, of course, I am perfectly aware that the it is genetically a human. I got accepted to study biology at a university, I think I know that humans make other humans, thank you. As for the first question, here follows the reasons I support women who want to get an abortion.
~
   First of all, as I mentioned earlier: Yes, the thing growing in a womans womb during pregnancy is human. Yes, it is genetically of the same species that you are. But depending, of course, on when the abortion is done, the embryo is either not aware of it's own existence, or it's just a clump of cells. The embryo has no idea about life. However, after the fetus can comprehend sounds, I think it's quite the shade of gray considering having an abortion.
   If a woman isn't ready to become a mother, who are you to force her? I personally believe that a person should never become a parent before they are emotionally, financally ready, have a steady home, and are ready to take care of a small human 100% of the time. If the pregnant person is below the age of 18, I don't consider them to be ready, and most of the time, they don't consider themselves ready. Honestly, I don't think that people should have sex until they are ready to deal with the consequences of a potential pregnancy, but if they do, I hope they use protection. And if they use protection, and still get pregnant, I think they still should have the option of not becoming a parent. You should always be financially stable before having a baby.. Have you ever googled how expensive babies are? Diapers, food, clothes, vaccines, medications, other hygiene products... And the argument of having a steady home, I think explains itself. If you don't have a home, aka. a place to sleep, cook food, do laundrary and such, you shouldn't bring new human beings into this world.
   Just in general, in my personal opinion, people should make sure they are adults before they consider having children, adult in every meaning of the word.
   Sometimes, pregnancy isn't voluntary, because the sex wasn't. Being forced to sexual acts is bad enough, having a baby afterwards is going to provide even more emotional and physical stress, being a single parent afterwards is going to be stressful as well. And if the child were to find out how they got into this world, how would they feel?
   And last of all: I don't really think what a woman does with her body, what kind of choices she makes... is any of your goddamn business! Who asked you about your opinion? Answer: absolutely no one. If a woman wants an abortion, just let her! She has a reason, it's not something she's going to do just like that. Getting an abortion is a tough choice, something that needs a reson, a lot of thinking and it should always, always be her choice to become a mother.
~
Yes, I am aware that abortion is a sensitive subject that is rarely discussed openly. And yes, I am perfectly aware that not every single person on the planet needs to know what I think. I just felt like posting this today, and share my opinions on the subject. Besides, no one forced you to read this post...
Keep in mind that these are my personal opinions. I don't want to offend anyone, it's just a post on a small blog. I'm not saying that if you don't fulfill my preferences to becoming a parent, you shouldn't. I'm saying that parenthood should always be thoroughly thought about before even considering it, and what a woman does with her body, is and always should be her choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment