Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Fall

   Fall has started to take over the city quite some time ago, and my little apartment has gotten cold in the morning. Living in an old wooden house, this is one of the few disadvantages, the cold floor when the sun has yet to rise. Still, I love living here, it's perfect for me, though the shower only produces cold water, no matter how hard I try. I've started to walk to school since I moved, and I'm really enjoying the exercise and the fresh air. Since I spend a lot of my free time sitting down, having to walk to school is actually quite refreshing.
   My studies are escalating at a rapid pace, and I find it very hard to keep up with everything. Exams, assignments... It feels like it's all piling up, but of course, it's a university. I'm supposed to be stressed about my assignments and my exams, I wouldn't be worth the degree otherwise. And though it is a struggle, I also find it very fun. I've met a lot of fascinating new people, and even tried new things, though I've only been here for about a month.
   My apartment is coming together quite nicely, though since I'm so stressed about almost everything else, I haven't had the time to properly unpack and really get into living here.. Which is also why I don't consider the apartment "home" yet, I think it takes some time for me. Maybe it'll get easier once I get all my stuff this weekend, hopefully I'll feel more at ease then.
   I have gotten my adress changed though, and I have fixed almost everything else having to do with the apartment.
   I haven't gotten wifi yet, because I simply haven't had the time. Trying to balance everything I need to do with everything I want to do is proving very difficult, and my internet connection is taking the punch. For some reason, I always pictured wifi to be the first thing I'd get when I moved out of my parent's house, but apparently that's not at all the case here. I think I'll get to it sometime next week, when I feel like I actually have the time to focus on things that aren't absolutely neccessary and I have gotten all the things that are currently still at my parent's place a few hundred kilometres away. I think that everything will make a bit more sense then. At least I hope so.
   For now, I only have internet on my phone, and it's terribly slow. So if you're wondering why I haven't updated as frequently; stress and no internet, that's why. I'll try to make a bit time for it in my daily schedule though, and hopefully I'll see you soon again. Enjoy these autumn themed pictures from my city!
Hugs from my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment