Friday, March 24, 2017

My Problem With Being Sick

   Yes, it's going to be one of those posts. When I'm annoyed, frustrated or even just need to vent a little bit, I come to the internet. If you don't like it, there are a lot of other options in the side bar with stuff for you to read. That being said...
   You'd think my problem with being sick would be that I don't have the time to get sick or that I dislike the general feeling of illness (fever, throwing up, headaches etc.), but that's only part of the problem. When I get sick, I only get bordeline-sick, meaning I  get all the symptoms of the illness, but I don't get sick enough to sleep all the time, or be fine with laying in bed all day. When I get sick, my mind still doesn't rest, and suddenly, there are a lot of things that I want or even need to do, even though there wasn't any before. I suddenly have to take a walk, even though I feel like fainting from just standing up.
   The other thing that bothers me so much is that sickness always seems to come when I have absolutely no time for being ill. Feeling under the weather during a period with a lot of tests, or just school work in general happens way more often than getting sick when I don't need to do anything and I've got all the time in the world for viruses and bacteria to attack me with all they've got.
   I have currently been sick since Monday (with the symptoms ranging from a ridiculously sore throat to high fever), and it shows no sign of slowing down. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. My fever is over though, but my body still refuses to do anything more strenuous than sitting in bed sipping on a cup of tea. Each time I stand up is an adventure. Will I fall over this time, throw up or just feel exhausted when I lie back down? Nobody knows. It's a mystery, only for me to find out.
  I didn't even get any sleep tonight because of feverish nightmares and a lot of pain in all of my body. However, I have a mandatory thing at school today, which means I'm going to try to sleep for a couple of hours now, if my bodily demons will let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment