Monday, March 27, 2017

It's Okay To Not Know

   I honestly never even considered this would happen to me. I'm currently giving one of my friends advice on the future. My friend has no idea what to do with their time and their life, and for some reason, they thought talking to me about it was a good idea.
   Don't get me wrong, I'm really flattered that they would come to me for advice on life, but seriously... I have no idea what I'm doing. At least it feels like I don't. I wake up, attend classes, do some work, study and then go to sleep. That's about it.
   Then again, I highly doubt that anyone really ever has everything figured out. I think life is 99% about thinking you have life figured out and living in the illusion that you know everything. Some people plan out their entire lives at 16. Who are they marrying, what will they study, where do they live in 20 years, what will their children look like... I've never been able to do that kind of stuff.
   Of course, it's fun to imagine, for example, I would like to have a nice home with someone I love sometime in the future, but it baffles me that people can plan out their entire life and then stick to that. Honestly, I think I'd be very bored. I need change for my life to keep interesting and fun for me. I don't think you have the power to plan out your entire life, no matter what stage of life you are currently in. I think that you have to go with the flow, and be open to new ideas and paths in your life.
   For example, I know a lot of people are currently applying to school either because you're graduating the previous one or because you feel like you need to change what you study, and take this as some personal advice from me. I don't have my life figured out for the next 60 years, and neither should you. What school you apply to isn't going to rule your life forever, and you can always change your mind. Some people don't figure out what they want to study until they're far into adulthood, and you have barely started yours. Life is long and meant to be enjoyed, so don't put too much pressure on yourself and think too much about your choices.
It's okay to not always know what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment