Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Homesick

   I've been feeling very stressed lately, like there's pressure being put on me regarding everything. School, work, personal life, I even feel pressured to do the things I actually like, like writing or reading. I don't understand where this is coming from, it's not like someone's pressuring me to write my books. I know no one does it, and yet I feel like someone will be disappointed in me if I don't do everything.
   It's also causing me to sleep a lot worse, like I sleep a full 8 hours, but I don't get any good rest, just bad sleep.
   I'm also really looking forward to starting school again, even thought it'll be stressful I think it will be more interesting. I'm so motivated to start studying/working on stuff again, as soon as I get out of this creative rut. I already know what classes I'm going to take, and what I want to do when I get back to Åbo. I'm especially looking forward to the class that's going to kick all of this off: a 1.5 week long field adventure on Husö, a little island, where I'll get to learn all about the ocean and it's inhabitants. I'm really looking forward to it.
   Another thing is, I'm experiencing something that I've never done before: I'm homesick. I miss the apartment, I miss all my stuff, sitting on the balcony studying, eating breakfast in the kitchen, baking, cooking diner for the both of us. I'm also looking forward to introducing Estelle. I want to go to the library again, take pictures by the river, going to class and evolve my mind, learning about new things and learning how the universe works. I can't wait to get back. I miss sleeping in my own bed, I miss my giant teddybear, all my clothes, seeing Theo every day... There are so many things I want to do next year, that I'm planning to do... I'm so excited to get there.
   I also see my parent's house as home, but it's not really the same. Although, I'm homesick sometimes in Åbo too.

No comments:

Post a Comment