Friday, July 6, 2018

On The Subject of "Best Friends"

Image result for best friends
Source: Pintrest
   Let me begin this blogpost by saying that I love my friends, that I am insanely blessed to have so many different crews (3 in total), who love me just like I am, never judge me for anything, and always support my passions. Know that I am increadibly grateful for all of these people, I know that I am incredibly blessed to have more friends than most people have, because they tend to keep small, closed circles. I can tell my friends everything and anything, and they always listen, they're always there for me.
   That being said, I have never had a best friend. As a child, I didn't really understand the concept. Why would you need to choose a friends to be more tight with than anyone else? Were they special or something? How did people pick them? Sometimes, girls would tell me we were best friends and I would kinda just go alone with it, because doing otherwise would obviously be very mean of me. I just didn't get the concept of why one of your friends needed to be the best one.
   But now that I'm older, I'm kind of envious of the bond other women have with their best friends. They seem to have a special connection, something that I don't understand. Because I don't have any friends left from when I was a kid (off the few ones I had, since I was bullied throughout my childhood) because I evolved in a completely different way than they did (attending university, moving away from my parents and all that), I sometimes envy the people who have known their bestfriends for 10+ years when they're my age. I would not like to know any of those people from 10+ years back today, but I would like the same type of connection. It's something I've never had, and now I sometimes feel like I'm on the outside.
   Because women do everything with their best friends. They talk about crushes, they drink together, eat together, have sleepovers, and for some goddamn reason, they go to the bathroom together?! I simply don't get it. Why would you ever share a bathroom with someone?
   Also, best friends seem to talk on the phone for hours, constantly be available for eachother, and I don't understand how they do that? I live with my boyfriend, and we're still not available for eachother 24/7. How?! What kind of magic do these women possess that I'm suddenly missing out on, and what's even more perplexing: how do you find someone who puts up with you constantly for 10+ years?
   This is a social construct that I don't understand, and something that I might not even understand in my lifetime. Girl-Girl best friendship is an amazing, magical thing, and it amazes me because I have no freaking clue what it means and how they obtain something like this.
Image result for love    If you have a best friend, please don't be offended by this post, I love all of you and this is not meant to be hurtful. I just wanted to explore this topic of something that I don't understand and I'm curious about. I love all of you just the same, no matter if you have a best friend or not.
   Now I'm going to go to sleep, since I'm actually home sick with a fever right now, and I need some relaxing and sleeping so I can get well as soon as possible, because I have so many things that are either going on, or coming up, and I want/need to be well for all of those things to properly happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment