Thursday, July 26, 2018

My Day Off

   Since today was my first day off in five days, despite the fact that I'm only working parttime, I was planning on making this a productive day, answering emails, stacking wood, doing laundry... aka do all the things I haven't had the time for the past week. But you know me, instead of doing all those things, I instead went on a spontaneous swimming/ volleyball trip to Nykarleby, a small city some kilometres south of here. But that's not how my day started, however.
   I have decided to do more things that scare me, and today I tackled one of them for the first time in a very long time: initiating social interaction with a person I don't know very well, which due to mild anxiety scares me a lot. Me and one of my co-workers have been talking about going out for coffee and get to know eachother better, and a few days ago I asked if she was free this morning, and then we decided to go to Majs Glasscafé in Jakobstad, which was a great choice (the cheesecake was splendid). And we actually hit it off. We talked for almost three hours, non stop about everything from family, to weird names, to work to school. Isn't it wonderful when you find someone you can speak freely with?
   The rest of the day has been spent walking around in Jakobstad, getting myself a case for my guitar for easier transportation when I go to/from Åbo, recycling bottles and food shopping, having a pleasant chat with my parents and trying to plan the tiny trip me and Theo taking this weekend (I'm finally going to be able to cross out another thing on my bucket list, how great is that?)
   Needless to say, I'm now exhausted. I've walked about 10 kilometres today, met more people than I usually do, done things that were completely out of my comfort zone (including jumping from a diving tower) and now I'm finally going to relax a bit and take some time to recharge my social batteries, have a protein yoghurt and drink the milkshake my parents brought me. What a great way to end such an intense day!

No comments:

Post a Comment