Saturday, July 7, 2018

Krombidan

   In celebration of Krombidan (a day where we celebrate the existance of our municipality), I decided to go and take Theo to see the celebrations. He hasn't been before, so me taking him for the first time seemed fitting. I'm also feeling surprisingly good today, despite my high fever yesterday evening (my throat and nose are still acting up, but my temperature is actually decent now, so I'll remain optimistic for the time being.
   Since we're quite the small community, our celebrations weren't what you'd call grand, but they were interesting and fun. An exhibit of old photos, coffee, stands across the streets, lots of activities for children, garage sales and so on and so on.
   For me personally, I mostly enjoyed the old cars that were on display, and the icecream we decided to eat on the grass by the river. I liked spending some time outside of my bedroom, not sitting on my bed covered in blankets, shivering from fever, with a headache exploding my brain. I somehow think it was exactly what I needed to feel better, and I even got to take some beautiful pictures while we were there.
   I feel better today, a lot better. But now I'm going to relax by introducing Theo to Doctor Strange, another masterpiece which he has somehow managed to escape watching. I need to relax a bit, because before I sat down, my legs felt like Jell-O.

No comments:

Post a Comment