Saturday, September 3, 2016

ÅA

Now I've spent almost two weeks in Åbo, and I've finally started to meet new people, make friends, and even somewhat find my way around town (which is kind of a miracle for me, because my sense of location is terrible). I've already met a lot of interesting people and experienced a lot of interesting things.
One of the best things with studying at ÅA is you get to meet people who speak the same language as you, but come from a lot of different parts of the country, from parts in nothern Finland to islands in the southern parts in the ocean surrounding our country. It's so fascinating to see how different people are, though they belong to the same minority (those who speak swedish in Finland), how differently they behave and speak. And as you already know: I love meeting new people, people who can challange me and discuss things with me, and give me a new perspective. It's one of the greatest things life has to offer, if you ask me.
Aside from the people attending the university, my introduction to ÅA has gone absolutely amazing. I'm now able to find my way to the building I will be spending most time in, find some of the other buildings and know the general rules of the establishments, which is huge progress on my part.
This monday, my lectures will officially start, and I'm so hyped! I know it's really nerdy and really odd to say, but I'm really exited about starting my studies. I really look forward to this, I honestly think this is going to become one of my most educational and interesting years so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment