Monday, September 12, 2016

School and September Open

I know I told you guys I'd get my act together with the blog like a week ago, but hear me out: I've been crazy busy doing all kinds of odd things, working my not so little butt off and moving out for the second time in a month. Yes, I have left the elderly couple behind, and moved out of their place into a shared space with another student. Yay me, and I also moved like half a kilometre closer to centre of town, so that's great I suppose.
Last week I started my academic studies more seriously, and I've gone to quite a few lectures at this point. I am also currently waiting to see if I got accepted into finnish class (the course is more directed towards people with a lower skill in Finnish, and since my skills are not that bad (but not that good either)) I don't know if I got accepted or not. According to my sources (consisting of other students) we'll find out tomorrow. Somehow, I'm guessing I didn't get accepted and that I'm going to have to just pass a test to prove my skills in the language (which is the solution for the students not taking the class), but I'll know for sure tomorrow.
This weekend I also went to Kimito, which is an island outside the coastline of Finland. Really beautiful place, reminds me a lot of my home in Ostrobothnia. The main reason I visited, was because of a themed festivity called September Open, which featured a market and entertainment set in medieval style and characters dressed in timely fashion. (And yes, if you're wondering, the pictures are from September Open, not just some random people I met on the street). The video is from the knights riding into the arena, and their choice of music were for some reason very untimely... Also, before I left the island of Kimito, I had a not so usual dish, in the medieval times, prepared for me, aka pizza. Honestly, one of the greatest pizzas I've ever had, and I felt very full after eating half of it (those of you who know me personally will also know how hard it is to actually make me feel full).
From next week I have new classes beginning, and I'm really exited about those. I wonder a lot about the ones having the lectures, I'm really curious about what the courses might be about, and who I'm going to meet while having them. I have already met a great deal of new people after I moved, but I'm sure I'm going to have the time to meet a lot more during my years of studying here. I'm so thrilled to be a part of this city, and everything it has to offer, and I can't wait to see it all and explore every single part of it.
I should be going to sleep soon, I have classes from 10 a.m. tomorrow, so I really can't oversleep or stay up really long tonight. I've finally managed to get my sleep schedule somewhat up to date, and I don't want to ruin it.
Hugs from Åbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment