Sunday, September 4, 2016

New Mittens & New Stories

   (Yes, the mittens are new. Yes, I decided to spoil myself by bying mittens, of all things. I found out that there's a Cybershop here in Åbo, and I have a feeling I'm going to spend all my extra money there...)
   Today I have all day to myself, and I haven't a day all to myself for so long, and it's really really needed. I've caught a cold, and my need for relaxation and alone time is really large. I need to feel great again by tomorrow, because I have to go to school, since my lectures begin at like 8 am it's going to be hard to make it with a cold.
   I'm going to try to clean the kitchen today, take out the garbage and do some laundrary, start reading Lord of the Rings again, and maybe something else as well...
   I also have a half complete short story, which I'm thinking of completing today. If I do, it's probably going to get posted on here during the evening sometime. I'm pretty happy with it so far, and I hope the rest of it turns out just as well as the beginning/middle part has. I've been really stressed and busy the last few weeks, and I haven't been able to do a lot of creative work because of that. Since my writing and blogging is kind of my therapy, the stress and bad emotions have taken an even larger toll on me.
   Hopefully, now that I'm starting to get somewhat of a routine going and getting a hold of things, I'll be able to do something creative every day to lower my stress levels and feel more comfortable again.    If you love something, you don't have time for it, you make time for it, and lately, I haven't been able to make time for my writing, which feels really bad. My creative work is my largest passion, and not having put any time on making progress with my work makes me feel more stressed, down and sad about almost everything else.
   Pro tip: if you have something that you're really passionate about, something that you really love doing and that makes you feel really great about yourself, make sure to spend at least half an hour doing it every day. You'll feel better about what you do with yout life, everything else that you have to do, and about yourself.
   Hugs from Turku!

No comments:

Post a Comment