Sunday, January 8, 2017

Overcoming personal fears

Today, as part of improving myself, I decided to do something that does, and has always, scared me a lot. I feel very uncomfortable eating alone, even sometimes when I'm alone. It is worst when I'm in public though. I keep feeling like everyone is staring at me, wondering why I'm alone and if I don't have any friends.
No matter how scared I am of eating alone in public, sooner or later, everyone does it. So today, I decided to challenge myself in the following way; I was going to go out, by myself, choose a restaurant, by myself, and enjoy a meal at said restaurant, by myself.
And no one could be more surprised than I was, when it actually went well. I ate at Hanko Sushi (amazing sushi btw), alone with several couples around me. I was uncomfortable, but not enough to ruin the meal, and I'm so proud of being able to grow like this.
I really don't want eating alone to be a fear for me in the future, and I view today as a great first step!

No comments:

Post a Comment