Thursday, April 6, 2017

St. Petersburg

I discussed something very interesting with a couple of acquaintances yesterday. The tragid terror attack has been on my mind quite a lot lately. I want to send positive vibes to everyone affected in any way by this, and I hope that you have all found ways to cope.
Something I found very interesting about the aftermath was that the social media outrage was almost non-existent. When Paris was attacked we were met with blog posts, posts on facebook and instagram, the popular hashtag #prayforparis and a lot more. Why is it different now? Is it because the victims were russian? Because it was in St. Petersburg? I just want to know why people seem to care this time. Is the life of a russian citizen worth less than that of a Frenchman?
For the sake of unity against terrorism, I ask you to keep the russia victims of terror in your thoughts. I wish all of you the best, and I hope that soon enough the mental wounds from this will heal soon. We need to stand united in times like these, for now and in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I've also thought about this a lot. It makes me sick that everyone claims to care so much, just before they suddenly stop caring, just because the attack was in a particular country...

    ReplyDelete