Thursday, February 15, 2018

How We Celebrated Valentine's Day

   I have never really celebrated Valentine's Day before, because my past boyfriends haven't exactly been big on the whole romantic idea, so of course I was thrilled when I learned that Theo actually wanted to celebrate with me. However, since I'm currently drowning in work (both studying for exams, applying for jobs to have in the summer, and trying to get my inspiration and motivation to work here back as well), and he's in school from eight in the morning until five in the evening on Wednesdays, we also decided to not celebrate really big, just something small and cute for the both of us. I spent most of the day studying for upcoming exams, and we spent the evening celebrating.
   And boy, was it cute. My first surprise was that he'd gotten wine for the both of us for the evening, something I always appreciate, and then he got some nice cheese to go with it. The wine tasted amazing (and so did the cheese), and as you can see in the first picture, he also got me these adorable roses. Don't you just love that shade of pink? And it fits the vase so well too!
   I got the roses as a surprise when he came home for lunch to spend some quality time with me in the middle of the day, and although I wasn't all that surprised (you know he's been getting me flowers even without it being a special day, every once in a while, so getting them on Valentine's was kind of expected) I was still really moved and excited to get them. They're currently sitting on top of my grandmother's furniture, they fit very well there. I've always loved roses, and flowers in general. The way they brighten up a room is truly unique, and the colors are always so pretty!
   The next picture is of the adorable necklace and card he got me, which I received in the evening while dinner was still in the oven (if anyone's interested, we had ovenbaked potatoes, beef and a great salad to go with the wine, and it was absolutely delicious!). It's in the shape of a dreamcatcher, which we also have over our bed as a detail, and I love the silver. Gold never really suited me, it makes my skin look yellow for some reason, but silver brings out my eyes, so it really was perfect for me. Not to mention that it is ridiculously cute, and suits my style perfectly.
   Now, of course the card had cutesy messages written on it, but I'm deciding to keep that private and not post that here, because I feel like those words are just for me. The card is, however, resting on my bulletin board as we speak, together with some other stuff that is really emotionally important to me. It's located on the wall right behind my computer, so that I can look at it all the time while I work, and it really makes me smile to see it.
   I've always liked saving the cards I've gotten, for rainy days, or whatever, and I like reading them again when I feel like I need to be reminded of all the affection people have for me, and how much the people around me support me in all my endevours, because everyone needs a little bit of a reminder now and then.
   And the last gift I got, which is currently sitting on my desk, overlooking me writing this, was this adorable little stuffed animal. Rainbow colored, glittering hooves, and with a fur amazingly soft and cozy, it couldn't have been more perfect that this! I named her Mary (because of the song, Mary had a little lamb, and I think she kind of looks like a lamb, except the small horns on the top of her head) and I love her so much! I think she might just be the most adorable gift I've ever gotten, maybe minus the times my parent's have given me a pet. I think she might even become a bit of a mascot in my case, because how could you not adore that cute little face?
   As you know, if you've watched my new video (and if you haven't what are you waiting for, go watch it!) I still love stuffed animals, mine are covering the entire upper half of my side of the bed, so getting me another one was a really amazing gift.
   I hope you had a really good Valentine's Day and that you, wether you had a Valentine or not, made the most of yesterday, are happy and healthy and if you're single, still believe in love despite all the pink and red being shoved down your throat every year at this time.
   And although I don't believe in what the Beatles sang, "all you need is love" (you know, because food and shelter are actually pretty good things to have on a daily basis) I have to say that I'm a pretty big romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment