Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Life's Too Short

Image result for definition of criticism   Let me be the first to say, I think it's great that people eat healthy, exercise and in general take care of themselves, because they clearly possess a discipline I myself do not have. But, let me also tell you that I absolutely despise people who dare to shame others for the way they treat their body. You working out and eating salads with every meal does not give you the right to shame those who don't. Same goes the other way around. Calling someone stupid for taking care of themselves, why? Life is too short to spend your time impacting other people's lives negatively, isn't it?
   Same goes for everything else. I don't understand people who shame other's for their religion, for their sexuality, for their interests, for their origin, for what they eat or do not eat, for absolutely everything, no matter how small it is. I really don't understand. You have a limited time here, and you choose to spend it clanking down on how other people spend their limited time? Do you really think that's a constructive use on your time?
   I really don't understand people.
   Of course, healthy criticism is fine. Like "well instead, of being angry and not telling me, just tell me so I can help you". But there's a huge difference between criticism and being inconsiderate and even mean. Criticism is not "you suck","do better", or "you're an asshat". Criticism is constructive, it's made to help the people you're critiquing, not make it worse. Because through telling someone they suck, who do you help? Spoiler alert: it's no one.
   It bothers me when people can't see the difference between criticism and hate. The same goes the other way around of course. When someone's critiqued, they often react with "you don't have to hate on me" or "that's mean", when nothing like that has been said.
   You don't have to outright hate people because of who they are and what they believe in or like, and please don't respond to criticism like you've been personally attacked, because you really haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment