Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Little Surprise

   Sometimes, for your own peace of mind and health, it's nice to do something a little bit different, and why don't you make it a nice gesture for someone else while you're at it? That's what I did today, because I know Theo has been supportive of me lately, even though I'm busy all the time, and so I made this fruit platter while he was at school. Nothing too difficult, just something little to show him that I care about and appreciate him.
   For those of you wondering: it's lime, mango, kiwi, watermelon and then some apple in the middle. He's quite picky about which fruits he eats (no pears, bananas or pineapple) so I decided to make a few different pieces just to make sure he would find something that he'd like.
   Personally, I enjoyed the limes and the watermelon the most, but that didn't really come as a surprise.
   We've been eating a lot of fruit lately, especially me, and that's amazing, of course. As I'm currently, among the thousands of other things happenining right now, battling a cold, I've been focusing on drinking a lot of smoothies to try and keep my head less fuzzy from the biological mishap that is my body deciding to get sick right now.
   It feels a bit better after today though, because I've managed to get a ton of stuff done (about six hours of studying for the upcoming exams, finishing a powerpoint and writing an essay), and I've been really hardworking and productive (also taking breaks, don't worry), which always makes me feel better about whatever is going on. The fact that I'm going to see my family the day after tomorrow also makes me feel a lot better about everything, and I hope that going home for a few days might help reduce the stress of all that's happening right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment