Thursday, February 1, 2018

Bursts of Motivation

   Today has been one of those very strange days, I woke up at 12 with a fever and a will to do absolutely nothing. I wasted my day completing knitting projects and watching tv-shows on Netflix, and now it's almost midnight and I have gotten nothing done. In retrospect I just consider it to be a waste of a perfectly good day where I could have done so much more with it.
   However, right now, I feel the need to do everything. I want to take a walk, read a book, write a chapter, see a movie, study and do absolutely everything. I want to stay up throughout the night and work on various things. But I can't, because Theo is getting up in the morning and wants to go to bed early. I don't blame him, he's got classes tomorrow, which I don't. But still, it's so frustrating to finally feel the urge to be active and not have the opportunity to.
   I hate when this happens to me, and it happens often. I spend the entire day moping around, doing absolutely nothing with my life during daylight, but as soon as it's too late to make good use of the day, I start to brighten up and want to progress in every project I'm currently involved in. I don't understand where it comes from either, because it seems to come completely out of nowhere. I can't do anything about it, just get frustrated about it, because of course I don't want to keep him up, and I don't want to ruin my sleep schedule any more than it already is.
   And the worst parts: these intense feelings of  "gotta work on everything" do not only come during the night on days when I haven't done anything of value, they also arrive on days when I've done absolutely everything I can with my day. I could have been to lectures, worked on videos, written blog posts, taken long walks, and done about a thousand other things that same day but the need to do something still arrives, and I feel the need to stay up the entire day and write, study, film videos or edit. And I don't know what to do to make it go away.
   Don't get me wrong, having my motivation back is absolutely great, and I'm so thankful for it. I just wish it had arrived at a better time, not half past eleven at night when I'm supposed to sleep soon. Currently, I'm hoping that writing this blog post will take some of the edge off, but it doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, and I'll probably be forced to go to sleep soon whether I want to or not, and I just need to be okay with that... Again.
   Does anyone know how to make these sudden bursts of motivation stop arriving in the middle of the night, because it's getting really frustrating and I want to be able to transfer all that motivation to the day of time I actually need it to happen. Anyway, thanks for letting me rant here, and I hope it wasn't too annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment