Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Vegan Dinner

   Recently I've been gaining interest in vegan foods (I bought more almond milk today, it's delicious!), and I'm seriously thinking about bringing them into our regular dishes, so I decided to make something vegan for dinner. Since I couldn't find a good, fully vegan recipe for a nice bean pot, I decided to make one up. I've improvised when it comes to food before, so why not do it again?
   So I threw some lentils, a bit of carrot, beans and some other things into a pot, and started cooking. And after a while of bioling and some careful use of spices, this bean pot turned out rather delicious. To go with it, I simply made rice, with a dash of curry for added flavor and color, and I would honestly deem this a success.
   I've never really thought about going vegan for a longer period of time (but as you know it's on my bucketlist to make it one week with Theo, and one month in general), but I see why people do it. The health benefits are great, the food is tasty, and it's even said to give you better skin. That's pretty amazing, isn't it? No, this dinner hasn't magically changed my mind and now I'm going to become a full fledged vegan overnight. Also, the people who tell you that vegan food can't taste awesome, they're liars.
   I think everyone should try new things every once in a while, if they feel the need/want to. However, I'm not going to push my newfound interest in vegan foods on you, because that would just be a crap move on my part. You all know I hate pushy people and being made to do things against my will, so why would I do the same to you?
   But if you really are interested in vegan food, you should try it, because I feel every single one of your interest should be explored, life is meant to be lived and all that. Even if it's something as simple as buying almond milk every once in a while, or adding trying a vegan food to your to do- list for the week. Because really, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.
   In other news, a quick little sidenote before I sign off for today: we're currently taking care of the final touches on our trip to Tallinn next month. How exiting is that?! I haven't decided on the vlogging thing yet, maybe I will, maybe I won't. Do you think I should vlog, would you find it interesting to watch? Comment below. But vlogging aside, I'm really exited to travel a little bit, other than going back and forth between our apartment and my parent's house. I'll keep you updated!
   Also, we're getting an overnight guest this weekend, what an exciting personal challenge for me! If you've followed my blog more closely, you should know that I'm not used to overnight guests, and that it makes me very uncomfortable. But since I know him before, and I'm trying to grow as a person, I think one night should be completely fine.
   That was actually two sidenotes, not one. But hey, at least they were kinda short. Now, I'll sign off, and focus on the trip again. Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment