Friday, April 20, 2018

Sunshine

Vegan hot chocolate
   The weather has finally been nicer, and I've been feeling a bit better. I'm not fully well yet (I actually had a little bit of a fever yesterday evening), but the sun being out is definetly helping. So, to feel better, I've been spending as much time as possible outdoors, just enjoying the sunshine both yesterday and today.
   Yesterday, I went out for what was meant to be a short coffee with a new acquaintance, but we actually ended up talking for about four hours straight I had a vegan hot chocolate, which I also managed to spill all over myself (you know, why not embarass yourself right from the start, so you don't have to later, haha). I hadn't expected us to get along quite as good as we did, but that was a pleasant surprise, like always when you turn out to get along better with people you haven't really known before. We talked about everything, from family to gaming to politics and environmental issues, and I had a great time. We sat by the river for most of that time, looking at the seagulls and basking in the sunlight before going back home.
Fries!
   Today was also spent partly by the river, because Theo and I wanted to do something different for lunch, and decided to go to a little street corner grill. We often eat lunch at home, since we almost always have some left overs from the night before that needs to be finished, but I felt like changing things up a bit (and needed a break from studying for my next exam) and suggested we should go out for lunch. I had some delicious french fries. We decided to, now as well, sit next to the river and enjoy the sun. The lunch was amazing, except the fact that a bird crapped on my hat moments after we finished eating.
   I often kick myself for not spending enough time outdoors during sunny days, and I'm determined to change that, I'll even study outdoors if I have to to get some light. Hopefully the light and being out of the apartment will help me feel better, since this fever seems to keep strong no matter what I try.
   I hope you're enjoying the sunshine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment