Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I Did It!

   Ladies and Gentlemen: I did it! I finally, after looking for one for about three months, landed a summer job! And I'm quite pleased with it too, it's close to home, a place I know well, and somewhere I think I might fit in quite well: Neste, so if you want to see me, swing by (I'm joking, please don't, it's my place of work for three months). I'll be getting my contract by mail soon, and I can't wait to start. I've never worked in costumer service before, so that'll be an interesting experience. I've heard both good and bad things about that type of work, but I choose to believe in the positive ones. I'm so excited, it's been so long since I've had an actual job (me usually being very busy with tons of other things). I also called both my parents today and told them, they were so happy for me!
   I will probably miss the usual wasting my summer by lazying around, but this is so much better. The work experience alone is something I'm really looking forward to, let's fill my resumé with more things! Also, it's really rewarding to finally land something after applying for what feels like a thousand positions (but are really around 30-40 maybe) all spring. Just goes to show that trying really pays off in the end, so if you're working on something that seems hopeless right now, don't give up, because it might actually work out!
   In other news: Theo's aunt and her husband came over for coffee today since they were in our litte corner of the world today. We don't have much family over (because mostly everyone lives up north from us by a few hundred kilometers), so it was a nice change of pace. I got the opportunity to chat about history and relating topics, and that's always nice! Also, some new dresses that I ordered got delivered today (pictures will be up later, sometime) and I'm so excited to go get them. I wrote an exam today too, which could've gone pretty well.
   Today has been ridiculously positive, good things keep happening. But for now, I'm off to go pick up those mentioned dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment