Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Now You See Me

Four magicians are given a tarot card each, which leads them to an empty apartment, where they find information that will completely change their lives forever. A year past, they are performing together as the Four Horsemen, pulling off amazing magic tricks. At a show in Las Vegas, they decide to make robbing a bank part of their trick. This leads the FBI to investigate them, and their life takes on a completely new direction.

The movie is placed on the heist/thriller spectrum, and plsys out in a lot of action-type scenes, is full off surprises and plot twists. Speaking of the plot twists, they might have gone a little bit overboard with them. Plot twists should be an addition to the movie, it shouldn't be the entire movie.
Besides, I love thrillers where you get to follow along, and try to answer some questions on your own. This movie gave absolutely no chance for me to do that.
Honestly, this isn't a new favourite movie for me. I liked the characters, I liked the plot, the camera work was good... I honestly don't know what was throwing me off. But something did, like there was something missing. But, I would however recommend it to someone else, if I thought it would suit their style.

No comments:

Post a Comment