Wednesday, August 3, 2016

School of Rock

First off this is one of my favourite movies. And I have always loved the movie, so I figured, if I'm going to be reviewing movies, I should do this one as well!
Dewey Finn gets kicked out of his own band, and ows his roommate rentmoney for a couple of months. So when the opportunity strikes, he decides to fake it as a substitute teacher, taking on the identity as Mr. S. His second day as a teacher, he notices that his class has real musical talent, and he decides to enter the Battle of the Bands competition, to take revenge on his old band, No Vacancy, which is also competing.
The thing I really like about this movie, is first of all: the amazing soundtrack. Old, classic rock songs play throughout the movie, and I feel so connected to the music played, the names mentioned and the bands they talk about. The main character, played by Jack Black, is as delightful as all his other characters (he's a personal favourite actor), and the actors portraying his class are amazingly talented for their age.
Besides, the movie shows the side of rock that I actually enjoy more (no, it's not just sex, drugs and rock n roll), the part which speaks of standing up for yourself, being who you are, and telling those who don't like it to suck it. Awesome message, couldn't be better.
Amazing movie, amazing actors, highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment