Thursday, August 25, 2016

Unwind

   So now that the move is starting to be a part of the past, I can surely say that I'm going to enjoy living in Åbo. I enjoy my surroundings, the centre of the city is absolutely marvelous and I have even managed to find a few people my own age, which is brilliant. The only thing I am still not pleased with is the apartment, but I assume it the issue will be resolved soon.
   I have even managed not to fall into the trap that a lot of students do; eating the same, cheap foods over and over again. Sure, I do keep the cost of my food to a minimum, but I have been able to eat a pretty wide variety of meals during my stay in the new city, and I will continue to do so. I don't want to end up having a lack of nutrients in my body.
   The city itself is absolutely amazing, I could go on talking about it forever. I love the architecture, the old buildings, the library, the church... Everything is just marvelous to me, and I doubt that feeling will ever be reduced. There is so much to do here, so much to see and so many people to meet. I can't imagine getting tired of a city like Åbo, I can't wait to see what kind of experiences I might have here.
   Today I have a lot of me-time on the schedule, which is going to be nice, I haven't had a lot of time for relaxation in a while, and I feel that it's really needed. Sure, there's cooking and laundrary to do, but other than that, I don't have a lot of "have-to"s today, which always nice. We all need a little time to ourselves every once in a while, just to unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment