Monday, December 25, 2017

Holidays Exhaust Me

   Holidays really tire me out. Not because of the fact that I spend it with my family, anyone who knows me knows how much I love getting to spend time with them (especially since I moved away). It's because there are always things happening. Not that they're not all positive, but you know me: I need my alone time to relax, I need to take a break from everything to recharge my batteries. I kind of change between introvert and extrovert in that way; I love being around people, but then I also need short periods of time to be alone by myself to completely unwind. So it's not that I don't enjoy the holidays, there's just so much going on at the same time, every single day, and there's so much you want to do that you need to cram everything into the same few days before school starts again and you, in my case, have to travel back again.
   The 23rd was an interesting day, since I went to see my grandparents, my dad's godparents and a few of my friends to drop of gifts I had gotten for all three groups. I loved it. I loved seeing my friends again after such a long time, because though we keep contact, we rarely see eachother face to face and only talk through our phones, since most of them still live here. I spent a lot of time in my car travelling from place to place, and when I got home it was time for the Christmas tradition of brining the tree into the livingroom, something we've done on the evening of 23rd since we started living in this house. I also had the time for a short chat with my boyfriend via webcam, since we hadn't seen eachother for a few days.
   The 24th was spent with my family, which is also a tradition: that day is always spent at home with eachother, spending some quality time with the family and eating all the yummy holiday food.
I got excellent gifts, some of which was exactly what I wished for (a huge thank you to everyone who brought me presents, they're all greatly appreciated!), but most of it was things I really needed. I also enjoyed checking what my parent's and sibling's reactions were to the presents I had gotten them (my sister got a hoodie, my brother candy, my mother a bracelet and my dad also received candy), and they seemed really happy about them. Especially my sister, who actually wore the hoodie today, which was a really big compliment, because of course that meant that she liked it (although I knew she would, because sheäs really easy to shop for, meaning that I actually have quite a good chance to find something that she really enjoys). I'll be showing the gifts I got for Christmas in a vlog, as soon as I get the time to record one.
   Today was extra special, my relatives on my mother's side (not all of them of course, because our house wouldn't suffice for that kind of meeting, we have quite a large family), and Theo came to visit to meet those who were here. He was a bit nervous, because who wouldn't be, but he really seemed to get along well with them, which is good. I have a lot of hopes for our future, he seems to fit in well with our family, and get along with them. I especially enjoyed seeing my cousins, because there are two that I sort of grew up with, who were my best friends throughout my childhood, which I hadn't seen all year. Since we're all adults now, we're all really busy and everyone lives away from home, so there isn't really much time, especially since I'm usually on the other side of the country, and they're both all the way up here.
   Tomorrow, I'll be going to meet his relatives, as there is a bit of a meetup for his cousins on one side of the family, I'm both looking forward to it and feeling very nervous at the same time. I want them to like me, because when it comes to your partner, who wouldn't care about that sort of thing. But I'm really looking forward to it too, I feel like it's time for me to meet more of his relatives than just his immeadiate family.
   I also very much enjoyed some quality time with the family pets during the Christmas holiday, we have several cats and two kittens (seen in the picture is one of them, looking at my sister, who apparently looked surprisingly startling in her new hoodie today). I really miss having pets when I'm in the apartment, but I'm actually thinking of getting a cat, or a turtle. I've always wanted a turtle. I've found them fascinating, I think they're awesome. I'll keep you updated on my pet situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment