Friday, December 8, 2017

Day #341

   Yesterday I realized that I have a new addiction: knitting, and everything that has to do with it. I mean, never let me enter the section with yarn at any supermarket, because I will spend all my money, and yours, buying yarn and new knitting needles. Here's a picture of part (note: part) of my current collection. If you're wondering what will be made from all of this: the black and white are going towards a pair of knee high socks, with a small white stripe (otherwise all black) and the other colors are going towards a scarf.
Look at these adorable colors!
   I haven't knitted or done anything within this category of creative work in so long, and I feel so great about getting started again. I'm already on the way towards a first sock, and it feels so great to be working with my hands again! I've also crocheted a few things, but nothing that I'm particularly proud of, however I seem to be more patient with my work now than when I first learned, and that's always a positive improvement. I've really missed this part of my creative self.
   Before anyone asks, no I don't know what got me started again. I think I just really, really missed knitting and working on something with my hands, and that's it. Also, I've always found it hard to find socks and mittens that I like in stores (in the past some of my realtives have supplied me with a multitude of mittens and socks (which are still in use, mind you, I just felt like adding something new to my collection) they've made themselves) and even, sometimes, when lookin on the internet. For some reason I have very particular taste when it comes to knitted socks and mittens, and store bought just won't cut it. Also, there's a certain, very specific, kind of satisfaction when making something with your hands. Any fellow knitter will agree that it's true. It provides a very unique peace of mind that you can't really get anywhere else, even if you decide to look for it.
   Also, if you don't knit or crochet: I really urge you to try. It's a very useful skill, and it's fun. It also gives you the ability to make things exactly the way you want them, and you don't have to stick with storebought clothes anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment