Saturday, December 9, 2017

Day #343 Geocaching


   Today we went out to geocache when the rain was finally stopping (but as we, me and Theo, left the apartment, we soon found out that the rain had begun again, so we had a total of 20 minutes without any rain today, look at those clouds above the church, they spoke for themselves). I still appreciated it (although when we turned back, there was actually quite the small storm going on around us with both wind and rain), because as I spent the rest of the day studying, and as most of you know, the human brain works better after a bit of exercise and some fresh air. I have my first exam this Tuesday, so it's really time to get to understanding my material. (If anyone's wondering, the exam is in linguistics.)
   I was introduced to geocaching quite some time ago, knowing what it is for several years, but I got into it when my boyfriend made me come along to find a couple of caches during the summer. I was surprised when it came to how much I enjoyed it, and now I've found around 150 caches (which should tell you I'm not very active, it goes in waves, just like all of my other interests) and have done so both when at my parent's house and here in town. I find it to be a really good way of getting exercise, and it's also very social and very fun. For example, when looking for one particular cache, me and Theo bumped into an old finnish couple who were also there, geocaching together. They were really kind and polite people.
   Also, when outside walking we found some adorable little ducks (which were surprisingly kind and curious about us, sometimes coming pretty close to us as we looked) which I, of course, took way to many pictures of. It was a bit of a highlight actually, I love all kinds of animals, and find birds particularly adorable and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment