Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tropic Thunder

Image result for tropic thunder
   Even though it's a famous movie and I've heard about it several times (the same goes for the actors in it, whom I've seen several times in other films), I've never actually watched Tropic Thunder. My boyfriend when hearing about this, said we had to watch it, and so we did. I was not disappointed, everything I heard about the movie was true.
   The satirical film starring Robert Downey Jr., Jack Black and Ben Stiller as wellknown actors, depicts the story of an action movie being made. However, as the shoot isn't going as planned, the director takes on drastic measures, sending the famous actors, along with the rookies (depicted by Jay Baruchel and Brandon T. Jackson) into the forests of Vietnam to experience the film "for real". After the movies director gets accidentally blown up by an old landmine, however, the actors soon face something much worse than being stranded in the forest surrounded by special effects, stumbling onto a thing completely different, evolving into something that can only be described as a bizarre series of comedic events.
Image result for tropic thunder   I greatly appreciated the movie, it was amazingly funny and I laughed quite a lot during the movie. It was great, the comedic timing perfected and the acting impeccable. I've always been a huge fan of Robert Downey Jr., and I will always be. He's an amazing actor, and I have nothing to complain about when it comes to his co-stars in this particular movie.
   I've also always enjoyed the work of Jack Black, since I was first introduced to his comedic appearances, and I still am.  I'm a big fan of his, for example, as you know by now, I love School of Rock. I've always found his acting to be amazing and his comedic timing as close to perfect as it gets, not to mention his facial expressions.
   The directory is flawless, the acting is perfected and the scenery the movie is shot in is beautiful and perfectly ideal for a movie of this kind. I have nothing to complain about, except that the movie's now over.
   So if you haven't still watched Tropic Thunder, making the same mistake I've made for twenty years now, I highly recommend you watch this movie. Especially if you're into the comedy genre, appreciate the kind of humor that is no longer politically correct, or appreciate any of the actors taking part in making the movie. I don't regret a single moment spent watching Tropic Thunder, and I never will. I might even watch it a couple of times more when I have a bit extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment