Saturday, December 30, 2017

#364 The Look Back


   Since tomorrow's the last day of 2017, I figured I might as well go over some highs and lows with you, kind of a look back on all the things that happened during the year. As most of you know, 2017 has been mostly crap, so I'll start with the negatives and end with the positives. Also, enjoy these pictures from throughout the year.
   In January, Trump was welcomed into the White House. This president, with historically low approval rates, kind of marked the beginning of what would become the horror show of 2017. With discussions of net neutrality in the US, debates sparking regarding sexism and egalitarian issues all over the world with their beginning in allegations against well-known people in Hollywood. The world has suffered hurricanes, war, catastrophes, people have been forced to leave their homes because of all of these things and more. Debates about racism, sexism and social issues have been flaming up all over the world.
   Social justice issues and debates have become more prominent and important, and people have a larger freedom to discuss issues that were considered taboo only a few years ago. People started demanding representation for their respective social groups, which hopefully makes an impression in 2018. I have large hopes for the upcoming year, because it really can't become worse globally, unless it's the literal end of the world.
   On a more personal note, I have a lot of new, positive things in my life. I have found someone who cares as much for me as I do for him, and our relationship is blossoming. He's my biggest strenght when I need help, and I can live in certainty because I know I can trust him with anything and he'll always do his best to follow through. I have a new apartment to move into after New Years, and I can feel things looking up for me in the upcoming months, despite the fact that I will soon be overrun by a whole load of school work in January. I am, despite this, looking forward to January, because I sense that it will be a month of personal growth for me, and that it will make a lot of positive changes possible for me. It'll make me a better person to be under this pressure, which will shape me to handle my stress and balance my work and my social life in a way that actually works, instead of intense bursts of both.
   Despite all the things that have happened during this year that were negative, I also feel like they made me a stronger, happier person than I was before. I feel like I have literally grown an inch, I have made huge progress in many personal ways, and can honestly say I will be leaving 2017 a happier and stronger person than I entered it, which makes me feel so proud and blessed. I will enter a new year surrounded by strong, positive people who make an incredible impact on my life, I will become happier and stronger, and grow as a person, and I don't think there's anything more positive than that. I have so many things to work on, so many things to improve, evolve and I can't wait to see what will happen to my talents and interests in the new year. The fact that I will also celebrate the new year with my boyfriend, the person who matters so greatly to me, makes me even happier. I can't believe I get to start the new year with someone so amazing and compassionate.
   That being said, I will celebrate new years with Theo and, before anyone even thinks to ask, we will be celebrating safely, surrounded by people we know. I hope that all of you will do the same. Get the new year started the right way: surround yourself with friends and/or family, celebrate safely and have a really good time!
   I wish all of you a Happy New Year, and I hope this will be the fresh start I know some of you need. Make sure to make the most of this fine opportunity, and improve yourself in all the ways you can!
Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment