Tuesday, June 14, 2016

City of Glass

(This is the review of the The Mortal Instruments, part 3. For part 2, click here)
~
   Clary's life has gone even further from normal, if such a thing is even possible. Now she finds herself caught in the middle of a war, Valentine has created an army, and is now threatening the city of Alicante, and she might finally be able to help her mother who is still in a coma. Together with her newfound friends, she has been tossed out into a completely new life, a life where survival is no longer a cerntainty.
   Cassandra Clare has once again surprised me (sometimes I believe that the whole series is just a long line of plot twists), This time the plot twists kind of toppled to the side of "too much", though not far enough to become bad, it's just something I'm not quite fond of, and it's not one of my favourite books in the series so far.
   The characters, however, remain relatable and amusing, beautifully described and natural. The storyline is still as interesting as in the beginning, and when I opened the third book, there was no way to predict the end of it. I've never been fond of books that are too predictable.
   I'd still recommend this book, and the entire series so far, to every single fiction or fantasy lover out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment