Monday, January 22, 2018

Cookies & Depression

   Today has been an extremely tired day. It's been a hard one when it comes to my depression too (as tiredness and depression often walk hand in hand, if you didn't know that), but don't worry, as always the tired, unproductive morning was balanced out by me reading a chapter in my most recent novel, reading 64 pages for the exams on Friday, editing and rendering today's video all in a couple of hours, and baking three kinds of cookies.
   You heard me (or in this case, read me) right, three freaking kinds of cookies; chocolate chip, cookies with a jam centre and some toffee cakes (I don't know what those are called in English, and google did for once not help me out, so just look at the lower picture if you want to know what those are). I don't know what came over me, I just felt an intense desire to bake something, and now our aparatment is once again overflowing with cookies, just like when I spontaneously baked ginger bread and made 200 cookies before everyone was meant to go home for Christmas break, like the genius I am.
   So what does today show us about me? I find myself to be a person who's mood changes very quickly, I can argue with someone one moment and then love them the next, I can want only to go to sleep and then a few hours later bake fifty cookies in a heartbeat. I sometimes don't understand myself, as I now, as I'm watching another game of soccer with Theo and I'm feeling tired again, looking forward to a good night's sleep.
   I do, however, feel like me being able to change moods so quickly is one of my better traits, because it prevents me from being angry at the same things for days or hours (which many of my friends often are). I just walk around yelling about it for a couple of minutes, and then I'm back to the world being flowers. I'm very easy to cheer up, which certainly makes living with me a whole lot easier for Theo, because if I'm ever upset about something, all he has to do is make a funny face or a joke, and I'm happy again.
   Speaking of living with him, in only a few days my contract here starts, and I will in all official meanings, be living here. It's an amazing thought, that I'm actually going to live here, and to be completely honest with you, I'm still having a bit trouble grasping it. At least now, I have someone to force feed my cookies, haha. No but really, I can't really fully understand the concept of actually living here, despite me having already moved in. It just feels a bit too good to be true, and I kinda still expect to wake up and realize it is all a dream.
   That being said, there's still a lot to do with the move, but I think that's going to have to wait until after I finish my exams. I certainly don't want to overwork myself, because really, the last thing I need is a burnout or just being overworked in general, because I really need to focus and be my best self right now, I have so many things and so many people who need my attention at the moment. And you know me, I either give 110% or I don't care at all, there is no inbetween.
   Now I'm off to an hour or so of relaxation and maybe some light writing before I get a night of well deserved rest. I hope you've all had a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment