Friday, January 5, 2018

New Shoes!

   Want to know how you know you're a blessed person who has their economy in check? You can buy two pairs of shoes without it being an economical ruin. And this is just what I did yesterday (not reach economical ruin, but buy myself some new shoes).
   I made two important decisions that will mark my 2018: I will spend more time on working on myself and the personal goals I make, and liking myself more. These shoes are, no matter how superficial this might sound, a big part of that. The ones with orange details are meant as gym shoes, a gym I'll start going to as soon as I get rid of my cold (which is still making me cough and my nose run, like wth). The pink Catmandoos are meant for outdoors, everyday use. I actually like the orange/peach ones more, I think they're a lot prettier, and you already know I don't really like things that are pink.
   Weirdest thing is, even though my old shoes are basically falling apart at this point, I'm going to miss them when I throw them away. It's true, I get attached to things very very easily. I've had these shoes for like two years, and now I'm actually going to miss them (granted this will pass in a few seconds after I throw them out, but still).
   I have a lot of things to do, to improve on, and these are the shoes that will help me reach most of those things. I'm really looking forward to getting to start going to the gym, I love the idea of finally getting moving again, and get back into shape. I'll also have the priveledge of working out with friends and my boyfriend, which will probably make me even more motivated to work harder and push myself further, and most importantly; enjoy myself more when working out.
   As it is the most cliché new year's resolution ever, I understand that some of you think that I might not follow through on this, and sometimes I even think so myself. But since I have the support of so many people that are important to, an close to, me, I really do think that I'll succeed in improving myself in this way. What are your resolutions for this year? Surround yourself with people who will support you in reaching those goals, who will join you in the activities that you want/need them to, and who will make you feel great on even the days when you don't feel like you can do it, when you feel like you're too tired or too stress to work on yourself. In short: surrounding yourself with positive, happy people, will do wonders for both your goals and the view you have on yourself! Positivity is everything.
   On that note, I decide to sign off for this time, since I have both studying and dishes to get done! Have a great Friday and make the most of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment