Thursday, January 4, 2018

Soup and Mentality

   Today has been an amazing one, really one for the books if you ask mme. Not only did I post something that was very important to me mentally and spiritually, and part of my New Year's resolution "like yourself more" (which was very scary to post at all, since I'm scared of people thinking I did it for attention or for them judging me/treating me differently than before), I also tried making onion soup for the first time ever, which is something that I've actually wanted to do for quite a long time. And since it was my time to cook, of course it was going to be something vegetarian (me and Theo worked out a system in which whenever he cooks, he can make whatever he wants, even if it contains meat, and whenever I cook, I'll make something that suits my diet, because since we visit a lot of student restaurants for lunch, my food will still be mostly pescetarian, and there's no extra work for him involved). I really liked the soup to be honest, the only problem with it was that it became quite salty, due to the recipe telling me to use 2 bouillons, when one would clearly have been enough. Despite that, my boyfriend told me it was the most delicious soup he had ever tasted. I also made some homemade bread to go with the soup, which was the usual success, since I almost always make the same one.
   I'm really proud of myself for how I spent this Thursday. I cooked, I studied for a couple of hours, I had the time to write a great blog post, and took an amazing, mango scented bath. Now, the game of tonight is getting closer and closer, which means I'll soon get the "pleasure" of watching another game of football with my boyfriend. Jokes aside, I don't really mind. Besides, I get to knit and work on several projects at the same time.
   I'm already planning for tomorrow, which will in large part be spent by studying for the various tests I have coming up this month. I'm actually quite looking forward to it, believe it or not, because this will provide me with some kind of rhythm and habit in my life again, after spending almost the entire Christmas break by completely ruining the small amount of routine I had before.
   I hope you've started your 2018 on the right foot, and if you haven't, then good news: you can still make it! I'm off to enjoy the game with great company, hope you get to spend your evening with people you enjoy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment