Sunday, March 11, 2018

All the Little Milestones

I tried this thing, which tasted like babyfood
   So yesterday I did something that was pretty unlike me, and I was actually pretty nervous about it. Now, I'm not used to having overnight guests, because I was always the kid that slept over at other people's houses, and didn't really have any sleepovers at my own place, so having a friend over for the night is something I've been avoiding for quite a while, but yesterday I had decided it was time to open up my home to one of my closer friends, and I do not regret it, not one bit. Having people over is pretty common for me, but having them stay the night is a whole other story, and I was a bit nervous that I might be uncomfortable, but I didn't have to worry as what little worry I had disappeared the instant we sat down for dinner. I honestly thought the idea might take some getting used to, but I actually felt okay with it right from the start, which is a huge step forward for me!
   We had a lot of fun last night, starting the night with dinner and then me, Theo, Kira (the friend who stayed over) and one of Theo's friends, Philip, played a few games of Pidro. Kira had never played before, but she was a pretty fast learner and it was a lot of fun, despite us loosing every game except one. Pidro is pretty much based on luck, for those of you wondering.
   We also, despite it being pretty late already, decided to watch a movie before going to bed, and of course, we watched horror. Now the film was pretty good, it was called "Before I Wake", it might just be one of my favourites. Of course there'll be a review of the movie later, at some point.
   I'm very happy about being able to have overnight guests, since it's something that's made me a bit uncomfortable in the past. I see it as a huge step in the right direction, and a definite sign of personal growth to be able to do this. I've actually always wanted to, but never really had the guts, no matter how silly that sounds. When you're struggling with several things, you almost inevitably get some strange issues, and for me, having over night guests is definetly one of those things.
In the middle of pidro
      Lately, I've been doing more and more things that I might not have been comfortable with only a few years ago, and I'm really trying to push myself to get better. I think it's actually working too, and being able to do things that used to scare me, makes me feel so much better about myself! Day before yesterday, I even sang, out loud to about 45 people, alone, which is something I've never done before either. I'm slowly but surely conquering my fears, all the silly little ones I've been clinging to for years are getting broken down and soon enough I won't have anything left to fear. It's been a very long time since I've been so proud of myself, it makes me feel like if I try hard enough, I could actually get well at some point in my life.
   Today is a day for positive thoughts and caring for myself (and of course, a ton of studying, but that's beside the point). How are you spending your Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment