Friday, March 16, 2018

Britannia

Related image

   As the Romans seek to invade Britain, which is at the time ruled by two rivaling tribes, the Cantii and the Regni, an old prophecy is slowly unraveling into reality as a young woman embarks on an adventure with an outcast. The Druids, who have guided the old country, still prove to be a powerful force.
   This show appeared on the air a couple of weeks ago, and walked stright into my heart. This show produced by Sky is one of the best shows I've ever seen, just having finished the first season, my heart breaking that I know that I have to wait until the next season is released to see more of this masterpiece. The characters are amazing, although some of them quite cliché (but as it completely amazes me, I let it slide), and the story fascinating, with intense plottwists.
   The show provides a unique insight into the tribal life, and the rituals that are fueled by such things, as well as an amazing look into the corrupt minds of leaders of the older nations.
   Highly recommended if you've watched and enjoyed shows such as Vikings and Game of Thrones, or if you're fascinated by historical series in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment