Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Kaffia And The Response

So, as all the drama has finally died down, I decided to respond to the comments on the post about Kaffia (I know, I know, long overdue). I figured it was finally time to answer to some of the things you guys wrote.
First of all, thanks to the Kaffia staff for being almost the only ones respecting the language of the blog, and to the only ones actually taking the critique as just that; critique.
However, I won’t be responding to each individual comment, just the general sense of them, because responding to everyone would take a lot of time.
First of all; chai latte isn’t coffee. The reason I thought it was, is that when it was introduced to me, my boyfriend at the time told me it contained coffee. As I had it many times over the years after that, I never questioned it or bothered to actually check what it contained. And since this seemed more important to most people than the actual post; I’m so sorry that I didn’t know there was no coffee in it, please get past it. The fact still stands; I have loved that drink for a long time, I know what it’s supposed to taste like, and that was not it. Just because you don’t know all the ingredients of a mascara, it doesn’t mean that you don’t know what you’re supposed to do with it.
Second of all, to all of those hating me because I critiqued the coffee shop itself: if this was a bigger place, or a chain, no one would have cared. People need to realize that small businesses can’t have an automatic pass for criticism just because they’re a small place or because you know them personally. I expected some upset comments, otherwise I would’ve been extremely stupid: of course it’s going to get personal, it’s in a small town. But small business or not, they have to take criticism, in whatever form it comes.
When you start up a business, or put yourself out there in one way or another, you have to be prepared to take criticism from your surroundings, in several ways (I should know, I do it every day). There is no way around it.
Lastly, I want to thank my friends and the other people supporting me after reading the harsh words written to me online. Thanks for all your hugs, your kind words and your encouragement. You all matter the world to me, you are my biggest strength. I love all of you so, so much!

5 comments:

  1. Most likely why people got upset is that the post was written in a pretty condescending way, making it seem like you're saying that you're right and everyone else is wrong. And surely you know that if you give critique, you must also be able to handle the critique that comes back. Everyone is responsible for what they post online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I wanted to reply to them: I did have one of the facts wrong, after all. And as I said; I would have been an idiot if I hadn't expected some criticism.

      Delete
    2. You also need to learn to listen to your commenters else you are not able to evolve.

      Delete
    3. Of course I do! There's a reason I read every single one :) If I didn't I'd still be wrong about the chai latte

      Delete
    4. I doubt it was just about that. As I said, it was written in quite a condescending way so maybe think about that.

      Delete