Monday, August 14, 2017

Losing someone you love

We never really expect it to happen, but one day it just does. Even if they’re old or sick, we convince ourselves that they’re going to be there forever. And one day, they’re gone.
Yesterday we lost our dog. At 13 years old, she passed away from old age, and we will all miss her a lot. She managed to stay energetic and happy for 13 whole years, and I’d like to think she knew how we cared for her.
Always when someone passes, there are regrets, no matter if it’s a pet or someone else. “I should have spent more time with him”,”Why didn’t I tell her I loved her?”,”Why didn’t I go see her during the end?”.
We would all like to live our lives without regret, but we can’t, and I’d love for you to take this post as a reminder to spend time with the ones you love. Let them know you cared, that they’re loved. Make sure they know that they matter, because if you don’t, you’ll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment