Sunday, August 13, 2017

Day #224

Yesterday was filled with positive choices, although not physically healthy ones. I started the day out as a volunteer at an auction kept at one of our neighbouring houses, where my task quickly became to handle the grill. Since I’ve been quite busy this summer, running around doing all kinds of things, I haven’t really had the time to see our neighbours. Taking care of the grill gave me an excellent opportunity to talk to almost all of them.
Later during the afternoon, after quickly re-applying my makeup and changing some clothes, I headed out to Jakobstad, where I had plans to meet up with a friend for coffee. Already having had two cups, I decided to skip the coffee and go for lemonade instead (the pictures in this post portraying the cake I had and the lemonade I drank). Despite getting harassed by a bee (which probably smelled the sweet tasting cake), I had a really good time and loved catching up. The thought of seeing this friend again in Åbo in a just few weeks also makes me really happy.
I also had a third activity planned; one of my best friends decided to celebrate her birthday late (about a month after the actual date) and I had promised I’d be there. I had already purchased a little gift for her, so I headed for her home as soon as I could. I had the best time, and I also had even more cake, and more coffee (which probably was a good thing since I haven’t felt so tired in a long time). I love spending time with my friends, no matter how tired I am when we start! I miss them so much when in Åbo, and the birthday girl is one of the people I miss the most when I’m away, and being several hundred kilometres away from her in just a couple of weeks makes me really sad. Darling, if you’re reading this, I’ll miss you when I go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment