Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Day #207

Today me and the family went out to the sea, my mom planning and promising a good time. Tough for me, it was kind of spontaneous, I got told about it yesterday and was not very prepared for the family trip. The ride took about one and a half hour, or maybe a little bit more. I tried to relax, listening to some of my favorite bands in the back of the car. I loved the picture taking, the water and the fresh air, but the weather was always kind of cloudy, so not too great. Seeing a new place, taking pictures and making new memories is always interesting, and it was this time as well, although I’m now completely exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open and my back hurts like hell. I haven't really seen this part of the country, so it was nice to see the small harbour, the boats and the beautiful old buildings. I only wish that the circumstances were better.
  I have always tried to see the positive in things, but today it was really, really hard. I wasn't feeling well at all, upset about things that I don't want to mention to all of you reading, because it would probably upset the people involved and I'm not one to drag someone (even if it would be satisfying and give me a lot of sympathy points). I've been thinking about it for a while, decided we and the person were past it, and it turns out that no we were not. The thing was still upsetting the other person involved, and I didn't get to relax at all even if it was supposed to be a fun thing with my family and relatives, and my mind was absolutely stuck in the drama. It was really frustrating.
I also got to drive the car on the way back, which was great. I haven’t gotten much practice in driving in larger cities, and I really miss driving the car while I’m in Åbo. It’s so peaceful and relaxing to drive and listen to music, it’s one of my favorite things in the entire world.
I also met my cousins, and my uncle and his wife (from my mother’s side of the family) and I loved meeting them. I have always cared a lot about my uncles family, and about him. I feel that we are very alike, which is why it saddens me so much that I haven’t seen them since forever, and the kids have grown so much. I never realise how long I’ve actually been gone, how much time has passed since I met someone in my life and how much they’ve grown and/or changed while I was away at school.
Enjoy these pictures from the little fieldtrip, and I hope you all had a really fun and interesting Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment