Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Day #226

My weekend has been quite a mess, for many different reasons, so when my boyfriend suggested we go away for a couple of days, how could I say anything but “yes, please!” and come along. So yesterday was spent food shopping and preparing for going out to his family’s cabin for a couple of days. And right from the second we stepped out of the car, it became clear to me; I needed this.
We went out geocaching, picking up on a few caches he had already found, but he wanted me to be able to log them as well. I also climbed a small, wooden tower, and enjoyed the view for a moment, before Theo told me to come back down (apparently the structure was quite unsafe, which I didn’t notice before he informed me, but everything went fine).
For dinner, we did what we do when we’re here: he managed the grill and I made my regular salad, and we ate outside. I love eating outdoors, it’s like the food tastes better when you also get a breath of fresh air to go along with it. And as always; we had a bit of wine.

I really enjoy being here, and it has made me long for a cabin of my own, when I have the opportunity to get one. There’s something about really being able to get away from your daily life and just relax that I love more than I could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment