Monday, August 21, 2017

The Re-Draw

Being really bored, I decided to do a redraw, deciding to combine my old style and the new one, redrawing one of my favorite drawings from about a year ago (the upper one) by making a completely new one (the lower one).
I’m kinda pleased with how it turned out, though the new surrealism style is really hard to combine with the old anime/manga thing I had going on about a year ago. I found out that I actually kind of miss the old style, and I’m thinking of picking it up again. I also haven’t really been drawing too much this past year, but I probably should start soon. There is a strange calm around drawing.

Which one do you like better? I actually like the new one a little bit more, I like how the shape of the tail and the hair turned out, on the first one it looks really unnatural, the second one’s looks a lot softer than the first one. The tail on the first one also turned out a bit too simple and way to curvy to fit with the rest of the body, but the second one seems more proportional, and a little bit more detailed. I think the second one is better, but the first one also has it's charms; for example, I really like the eyes.
  I've actually missed drawing, it's one of the many things I haven't really found the time for in the past year, and I think I actually want to start doing it again. It would be benefitial for me, I think, at least it would be relaxing. And honestly; when I do the next re-draw I'd really like to see a bit more progress than this time, better blending etc.
And also, before anyone says anything; I’m aware that I’m not good at this, I just do it for fun and because it's really relaxing and comforting. I also really like the noise the pencils make when they touch the papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment