Monday, November 20, 2017

5 Favorite Cartoonists


   As I spend a lot of my time scrolling Instagram (actually an embarassing amount of time), I figured I would share a couple of my personal favorite accounts, both because I thought some of you might enjoy knowing more about the artists I admire and follow on social media. I picked cartoonists, who I find to be the most entertaining (on the entire app actually) and decided to present five of them to you.
   I've always enjoyed looking at the work of other artists as I sometimes draw myself and enjoy the craft. Besides, who doesn't consider cartoon strips hilarious and enjoyable? I think it's amazing, and what's even more amazing to me is that there are people daring enough to post their art on the Internet.
   I think these five people are hilarous, and if you're like me and spend a lot of time on the app, or are generally just bored, feel free to go look at these. I think all of them deserve more attention and recognition online.
   My personal favorite of these five is @straycurls, although her comics are mostly aimed towards the audience with curly hair, I find her comics very relatable and most of the time, absolutely hilarious. She also has an amazing artstyle which I admire a lot, and I think her personality is amazing and her humor impeccable. This Thor and Loki comic is one of my personal favorites, and it's made me smile every time I've looked at it. Her comic's characters vary a lot and adds an enjoyable amount of different approaches every time she posts.
   I recently, just a couple of days ago, found the account @bestie_thecomic which is also absolutely hilarious. It pictures the adventures of two roommates, and it makes me both laugh and smile. The style is different from all of the other artists I'm showing you, with very unique facial expressions and a nice color palette. I've only read a few of the comic strips, but I'm already completely in love. The style of drawing is actually unlike everything else I can remember I've seen before which, of course, is another nice detail about this artist.
   The next artist is someone you probably have heard of before, @chrishallbeck which is known all over the internet for his comics and his light drawing style. His drawings, with only a small amount of detail and the colorless drawings still manage to create an enjoyable reading experience. His jokes are unique and his storylines are refreshing. I've followed Chris Hallbeck for several years now, he's been one of my favorite artists for quite a while, and I doubt that will change any time soon. If you haven't yet heard of Chris and/or his work, I highly recommend that you check it out, his drawings are amazing. He also seems to have an amazing personality and he always makes me laugh. He's also the person producing the most content out of all the artists I've included on my list, updating his Instagram about every other day with new, enjoyable comics. Chris is also the one of these artists that has the largest following on Instagram.
   After following @artbymoga for almost a full year, I realize that she is one of my abslute favorite artists ever, and she always amazes me. Her ideas are unique and fresh, her cartoons are amazingly relatable for everyone who has ever enjoyed drawing and a lot more people. Her work often features her boyfriend and her friends, and are full of positivity and humor. She inspires me more than anyone else on this list, and I always love the colors she chooses for her comics. If I got to recommend just one of these artists that deserved a bigger audience, I would definetly say it's her. I love her style of art, and how she's not afraid to joke about herself and her own experiences. She seems like an amazingly kind, confident and driven person, which are the three characteristics that are the most important to me when I decide if I like a person or not.
   And last, but definetly not least, I have decided to feature @adamtots on this list of amazing artists. Because not only is his work inspired, funny, creative and enjoyable, he also has an awesome sense of humor (for example, this year's Halloween he dressed up like @artbymoga for Halloween), a nice personality and of course, a really nice beard. His style of art varies a bit, as illustrated in this comic on the right, which is part of the reason I chose this one to show his talent. His color palette shows a lot of variety and you know I love colors. He also has a tendency to use more shadowing in his work than the other featured artists on this list, and the jokes are often based on things that are happening/have happened in his life. We all know jokes based on the teller's own experience often generates the largest amount of laughs.
   I've been following him for about a year now, and I have no intention of stopping. He always makes me laugh and smile and his comics never disappoints.
   So, there are the five artists I decided to show you today, I hope you enjoyed them and seriously consider checking out more on their work. All these are cartoonists are found on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment