Monday, November 13, 2017

Taking a Break

Related image   Every now and then I need to take a break from everyone. Just a couple of days, all to myself, all alone. Some people drink coffee, take powernaps or take an afternoon drink to gain their energy again, this is my way of re-charging. During this break, I don't talk to people, I stay away from social media, and eat a lot of garbage food. However, this weekend it happened to coincide with me being sick, I had a fever of about 38.5 on Saturday, and Sunday was a bit better. Today's also better, and I feel more energized (however, I slept over an hour during the day and still have a fever).
   After my little break from everything, I'm trying to make up for all the time I lost by studying for an exam and reading some more Edgar Allan Poe short stories. I'm still taking it slow however (because
   I really do want to get well as soon as possible, and I'm scared of getting more sick, because I really don't have the time to stay sick), sitting in bed for most of the day with my books and taking breaks to rest my eyes. I'm also eating a lot of C vitamins and a ton of other healthy foods to make sure it doesn't get worse. I, for example, am eating cucumber slices for a light before dinner snack as I write this. My boyfriend has been really nice to me too, taking care of me as much as he can, making sure I eat and drink properly.
   I have two upcoming exams, and I've been studying as much as I can for the both of them and taking a few breaks along the way. I consider my break from social life over, and I'm going out for a beer with a friend on Wednesday (if I manage to get well enough before that) and I have a lot of fascinating classes to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment