Sunday, November 19, 2017

Day #323

   Yesterday was a special one, marking me and Theo's first half year together, time well spent in great company which has generated a lot of laughs and great memories. And which will lead to a lot more positive experiences. We decided to celebrate small, going for dinner and drinks (asian food and a couple of appletinis).
   We went to Kiinanmuuri, a place with great asian cuisine and both of us had some amazing Kung Pao chicken (I have really missed asian food). We had also been thinking about trying the restaurant for quite a while, as we've walked past it several times. We were not disappointed, the portion sized were great and the food was really tasty.
   We then left right before they closed, and steered towards the centre of town, where we decided to go to one of my personal favorite bars.
   I had never had an appletini before, neither had he, and it did not taste the way I had imagined (I had imagined a lot more of apple taste, and a bit less lime) but it was actually pretty tasty, although very sour and the lime was a bit overwhelming. I liked it, but it's not a new personal favorite, and I doubt I will be drinking it very often, however I don't regret trying it. I had actually been curious about the drink for quite a while, since it's mentioned so often on tv, in movies and in books.
   We also decided to play some Trivial Pursuit Globetrotter edition while at the bar (also total sidenote: how awesome are bar games? I think it's an absolutely amazing idea), and we realised that our geographical knowledge is actually quite lacking. It made me realize that I really do want to travel and learn a lot more about the world that surrounds me, and that I should read more stuff about other countries and their cultures, since I really know a lot less than I thought I did.
   I had a lot of fun celebrating, and I look forward to spending many, many more months with him and creating more pleasant memories and experiences. It made me realize how lucky I am to have a partner who stands by me during everything I go through, who's proud of me when I accomplish things and who cherishes me and supports me, something that a lot of people don't have.
   I'm so grateful to have someone like him in my life and to have his support. He makes me laugh and relax, even when I'm stressed and under a lot of pressure. I enjoy myself more when I'm around him, and we're close enough to be comfortable around eachother even when we don't share an activity, and I can for the first time in a long time be comfortable enough around someone to actually just be quiet around them.
   I also for the first time in a long time see no reason for a relationship I'm in to end. We don't annoy eachother, we like the same kind of music, and we enjoy the same kind of things. We want the same thing in our future, to evolve our relationship and grow together, travel and experience the world together. I feel happy and secure whenever I'm around him.
   I'm so looking forward to spending more time with him, getting to known him further and evolve with him. I have yet to meet a person whos company I enjoy this much.
   Enjoy these pictures from yesterday evening, portraying us, our food and the drinks, and of course, the Trivial Pursuit game.
   I look forward to creating a lot more, equally amazing memories with you, honey. Here's to a lot more half a years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment