Saturday, November 4, 2017

Day #308 Pescetarian

Image result for pescetarianism   I have decided to, once again take up my pescetarianism. For those of you who don't know, when you're a pescetarian you don't eat meat, only fish. People do this for many reasons; moral and health being the most common ones. This means I'll be replacing my protein with other sources, such as eggs, beans and nuts.
   However, as I don't do this because of moral reason, just simply because I want to and because of the health benefits of doing this, I have decided that I am allowed to make exceptions (for example, I will be having Christmas ham in a few months). This is something that I've done before and would have done again sooner or later. I've been thinking about if for quite a while, several months in fact, and I would like avoiding meat a habit for myself. I view this as one of the first steps to make my life a healthier one, and I look forward to it.
   I did this for almost a year, and it was amazing. I did not miss the meat, though I sometimes craved it on an odd day. I hope to be able to keep to it this time, especially due to making a couple of exceptions every now and then. I've also read that meat is very globally strenious to produce, and I hope to minimize my impact on the world that way.
   I've already been on a pescetarian for two days, and have yet to realize why I gave it up in the first place. I don't miss the meat at all actually. I don't plan to follow this strictly however, as I said, there will be exceptions to my habits of not eating meat. I've also started to gradually introduce vegetarian food to my boyfriend and his roommate when I cook for them, but only every once in a while. I refuse to be the kind of person that forces my habits on someone else.
(Image source: slimshortcut.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment