Friday, September 29, 2017

Kicking the Sugar

Image result for sugar This week, me and my boyfriend have done something quite interesting. As students at a university, we eat our fair share of garbage foods, snacks and candy, so as a bit of a personal challenge, we tried cutting out sugar and garbage for a week. I think it was a bit more of a challenge for me than for him, I have a bit more of an addiction to eating junk and snacks (I often joke about that if you’ve ever seen me, you’ve probably seen me eating or drinking something), though some of them are actually healthy, for example I carry a huge torch for sunflower seeds.
I thought this would be really hard, but really, it wasn’t. Of course, there were a few exceptions to our rule; for example, we had whipped cream with pancake yesterday. But overall, it was quite easy, which was quite the relief, since I was actually a bit worried that I might have an addiction to sugar, but apparently not.
This is something I recommend everyone does every once in awhile, cut out all the little things you usually eat, mostly because it makes you realize just how addicted/not addicted you actually are to all those things. For example, if you get extra cranky when you don’t get your daily dose of sugar, you may have a bit of a problem.

Besides, eating something sugary or fattening is much more rewarding when you actually feel like you’ve deserved and been waiting for it.
(Photo source: Rodale Wellness)

No comments:

Post a Comment