Monday, September 25, 2017

Married People Can't Show Skin

Image result for single married happily married I’ve seen post after post just like this one, and it honestly makes me so frustrated that there are people stupid enough to post this type of thing online. This is incredibly stupid, and this is just one of the many posts I’ve seen on different kinds of social media.
First of all; the way you dress doesn’t indicate if you’re in a relationship or not (unless it’s a wedding/engagement/promise ring or something along those lines). Does a man wearing a tshirt mean he’s single? In a relationship? Is it the same for pants? If a woman wears a skirt, is she single or is she married? (You see my point, I assume). I have never worn a garment and thought “now people will know I’m in a relationship, and I will never do something like that.
Second: if a married woman has one more button open than another woman who’s also tied the knot, why would that indicate that woman A is more unhappy with her union than woman B? Because, when you’re happy, you automatically cover up more skin, is that it? Because I’ve seen plenty of happily married and women in great relationships wearing bikinis at the beach, but you know, they should probably wear swimsuits instead to cover up some extra skin to show their happiness. If a woman goes out with her husband and wears a short dress, does that mean she’s unhappy with her marriage, or did she simply thing the dress was cute and her legs looked particularly good that day?
Most people would say this is “just a picture on social media”, and it is. But the message is still there: If a woman is in a happy relationship she should be covering her body.
I’ve been in a happy relationship for a few months now, and nothing about the way I dress has changed in the least. I still wear my dresses when going out, and I still wear my shirts the same way as when I was single. And you know what? If a person I was in a relationship even once tried to tell me that I shouldn’t show so much skin, I can assure you there would be quite the amount of yelling and most probably, dumping that person to follow.
Your relationships status, or your partner for that matter, should never dictate how you dress, no matter if you’re a man or a woman. You should always make the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment