Tuesday, September 19, 2017

It - Chapter One

Image result for it 2017 After watching the movie It yesterday, I was quite impressed. As always, when you have a favorite movie and someone decides to try to make a movie based on the same book, you worry that it’s going to get ruined for you. Thankfully, for me, it didn’t.
It tells the story of the children in Derry, in Maine, a small town with not too many interesting events, if you ignore the amount of people who missing and/or turn up dead, almost six times the normal amount. After one of the local kids disappear, young Georgie Denbrough, his brother spends almost an entire year in misbelief, determined that his brother was murdered, not just taken by the storm sweeping the town at the time.
The following summer, Bill Denbrough and his friends realise that something much more sinister than the storm is at work, something horrifying enough to make them see all their worst fears, though most often it portrays itself as Pennywise, the dancing clown. In an attempt to bring justice to his brother, Bill and his friends decide to take on the being by themselves since no adult would believe them, naming the creature It.
Image result for it 2017 poster As an enormous fan of the first movie, how could I do anything but love this one? The talented (although surprising) portrayal of Pennywise by Bill Skarsgård and the impressive acting of Finn Wolfhard in my personal favorite character was a nice addition to the story’s already compelling tale. I wouldn’t say I prefer the new movie, I do find it very hard to not be biased when it comes to the great work of Stephen King, but it is an impressive film, making me laugh more than it scared me (though the well thought through jump scares were a nice touch), playing on a kind of childish humor I remember very well from my early teen years. It's as pleasant as it is, at times, horrifying, with a great job by the actors and the director. Easily one of the best films I've seen in quite a while! I would recommend this movie, not just to horror fans, but to movie fanatics in general. It’s definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment