Sunday, September 10, 2017

Wanting to Plan

   I often get asked about plans. “Where are you going this weekend?” “What do you want to accomplish this year?” “What do you want with your life?”
   All important questions, of course they are, because every single answer is going to affect something else around me. Something will go in the same direction as those answers. But still, I fear a lot of us focus on the future instead of viewing the now. We are so occupied with what we could have, that we can no longer see what we've got. Planning ahead is great, but that doesn't mean we should blindly focus on our plans, forgetting about everything around us. We have so many other things than ourselves to take into consideration.
   When asked about my plans, I often have a clear answer. I like orderly, I like having an agenda, something to work and strive towards. I fear I would feel odd if I didn't. As sure as I am about wanting to graduate and become an author, as sure am I when it comes to smaller plans as well. Where do I want to go during the weekend? I want to spend it with my friends.
   Wanting and needing are very different things, although we often consider them the same. We may want to do something interesting this week, but it is vital that we do?
   Make sure you know what you need and what you want, and that you know the difference. And when making plans for your future, make sure you're also taking time to appreciate the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment